Bones Brigade Autobiography DVD
This film by Stacy Peralta focuses on Steve Caballero, Tommy Guerrero, Tony Hawk, Mike McGill, Lance Mountain and Rodney Mullen.
“The Bones Brigade was a talented gang of teenage outcasts. Unmotivated by fame or popularity, they completely dedicated their lives to a disrespected art form. For most of the 1980s, this misfit crew headed by a 1970s ex-skateboard champion blasted the industry with a mixture of art and raw talent becoming the most popular skateboarding team in history.
The core unit of the Bones Brigade built an empire that covered the world. They dominated contests, made hundreds of thousands of dollars, created the modern skateboard video, reinvented endemic advertising, pushed skate progression into a new era, and set the stage for a totally new form of skating called street style. There’s nothing comparable in today’s skateboarding”
Random Quotes From Bones Brigade: An Autobiography:
- “I didn’t like his [Hawk’s] style. He was just an annoying little fucking kid with way too many pads on.” -Duane Peters
- “Stecyk and I are spitballing ideas one day and I’m telling him that I don’t want to call this a team and I don’t want the word skateboarding in the name of it. Craig looks at me and says, ‘Bones Brigade.'” -Stacy Peralta
- “They asked Cab, ‘Could you hold this dead dog for an ad?’ He said, ‘Aw, I don’t want to do it.’ I said, ‘I’ll do it!’ I was Mikey that got all the cool stuff that they thought was lame.” -Lance Mountain
- “What makes us all do what we do at a high level is an inspiration that comes from so deep… almost a controlled desperation and if you can’t tap into that then it extinguishes.” -Rodney Mullen
- “The prize money for first at a pro contest was $150, but I was fourteen-years-old! Sign me up. I’m cashing in. I’m going to buy a Moped!” -Tony Hawk
- “We were in a van once and frightened… these kids are going to kill us! They were [screaming] ‘We love you!” We were like, ‘Wait a second! Let us get out of the van before you tip it over and light it on fire!'” -Tommy Guerrero
- “Was there ever a skatepark designed that was as good as an average sewer or curb? No.” -Craig Stecyk III
1 in stock